Reason + Develop + Individualism – 7 to 11 years old
Characterized by hands-on quests, Socratic discussions, and individualized mastery of core skills; our Discovery Studio learners are exposed to a 21st century, blended learning approach. Character building focus in areas such as hard work, creativity, goal setting, community building, respect for self and others, and conflict management. Academic Focus in project-based exploration of all subjects, while experiencing more structured rigor in math, reading, and writing.
• Socratic discussions about historical heroes, character, and self-governance to hone critical thinking skills and the ability to powerfully think, write, and speak.
• The latest in educational methodology and technology for self-paced mastery of reading, writing, and mathematics.
• Hands-on project-based quests to master the tools and skills needed to solve real-world problems.
• S.M.A.R.T goal setting strategies help learners find direction and purpose.
• Written promises and agreements form a tightly bound community of individuals learning to form authentic friendships and honestly resolve interpersonal problems.
The fact is that given the challenges we face, education doesn’t need to be reformed — it needs to be transformed. The key to this transformation is not to standardize education, but to personalize it, to build achievement on discovering the individual talents of each child, to put students in an environment where they want to learn and where they can naturally discover their true passions.
— Sir Ken Robinson